The Ten Commandments (version 1)
- The Earth is our Mother; care for Her
- Honor all your relations.
- Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.
- All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.
- Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
- Do what needs to be done for the good of all.
- Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each day.
- Speak the truth but only for the good in others.
- Follow the rythms of Nature.
- Enjoy life's journey; but leave no tracks.
Return to Native American Poems and Prayers