State Recognized Native American Tribes, sorted by State
Links to State Recognized Tribes are underlined in yellow, and open up in a new window. These links either go to the Tribe/Nation in question, or the Tribal Council that look after the people.
If you wish to link to this page, please use the following code, thank you.
<p> <a href="http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Links/state-recognized-tribes-in-usa-by-state.html">State Recognized Native American Tribes by State</a></p>
[Alabama] [Connecticut] [Delaware] [Georgia] [Indiana] [Kentucky] [Louisiana] [Maryland] [Massachusetts] [Michigan] [Montana] [New Jersey] [New Mexico] [New York] [North Carolina] [South Carolina] [South Dakota] [Texas] [Vermont] [Virginia] [Washington]
- Eastern Pequot Tribal Nation
- Golden Hill Paugussett Indian Nation [Site offline. Link Removed.]
- Paucatuck Eastern Pequot Indians of Connecticut
- Scaticook Bands
- - Schaghticoke Indian Tribe [Site offline. Link Removed.]
- - Schaghticoke Tribe
- - Schaghticoke Indian Tribe (formerly Schaghticoke Tribal Nation)
- The Cherokee of Georgia Tribal Council (a.k.a. Cherokee Indians of Georgia, Inc.) [Site offline. Link Removed.]
- Georgia Tribe of Eastern Cherokees, Inc.
- Lower Muskogee Creek Tribe East of the Mississippi, Inc.
- Piscataway Conoy Tribe [Site offline. Link Removed.]
- - Piscataway Conoy Confederacy and Sub-Tribes
- - Cedarville Band of Piscataway Indians
- Piscataway Indian Nation [Site offline. Link Removed.]
- Unkechaug Poospatuck Tribe
State-recognized tribal Groups:
- Chaloklowa Chickasaw Indian People
- Eastern Cherokee, Southern Iroquois & United Tribes of South Carolina, Inc. (a.k.a. Cherokee Indian Tribe of South Carolina or ECSIUT)
- Natchez Indian Tribe
- Pee Dee Indian Nation of Beaver Creek
- Piedmont American Indian Association of South Carolina (or Piedmont American Indian Association - Lower Eastern Cherokee Nation of South Carolina)
State-recognized tribal Special Interest Organization: